Tuesday 20 March 2012

About me

Hi
My names Daniel, I'm a Nutrition Health and Lifestyles student at Sheffield Hallam University. Each day I fight a war, not a war like in Iraq, a silent war within my self, with myself. You see, I'm depressed, not just a bit upset, actually depressed.

In honestly, I don't know who's going to read this, but I need to tell someone, anyone, about the battle I'm going through. And who knows maybe I can help someone in the process.

If you knew me, you wouldn't be able to tell what I'm going through. Its not on show, I don't spend each day moaning and complaining. I live each day just like everyone else, I smile, I laugh, I have fun. Some days I'm even genuinely happy. But most the time, the smile is hollow, the laughter empty, meaningless. Its just easier to smile than to cry. Easier to printed i'm fine than to tell anyone whats up.

People often think I'm lazy or don't care, because I struggle to get out of bed, and I cant focus for long. The opinions of other people don't really bother me, but without their support I cant get better. I wasn't always like this, once I was carefree, happy, and I loved life.

So yeh, that's me, once a happy go lucky guy, now pulling myself through life by the bootstraps.

So this is my war, this is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment